Wednesday, April 08, 2020

ALL IS WELL - ALL MANNER OF THINGS - EVERYTHING

Back to the blog; what a long break it's been. The #UltimateBlogChallenge inspired me to return.

Having difficulty sleeping? Me too. I went to bed at 11:15 and woke up at 4:30 this morning. The Covid19 crisis has my anxiety anxious; I didn't know it was possible, but evidently it's a "thing".

Anxiety woke me at 4:30 after only hitting the pillow 5 hours earlier. Anxiety whispered things like, "what if hubby doesn't return to work?"...Sinisterly rubbing its hands together, Anxiety hissed, "penniless, penniless...no water, no food, no shelter, no assistance." At this point Anxiety got anxious amplifying its toxic messaging to a shrill wail, "there's no use! there's no help. We are all #$@&%". Exasperated I threw the covers off and I said to myself, "that's it, I'm getting up, I can't go back to sleep."

Thoughts rolling through my gnarled head, I felt my way through the dark hallway to the kitchen for coffee. Light on, grinder whirring, I looked up at my "Ministry of the Arts" Calendar to read the daily quote:

"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." ~ Lao Tzu

I chuckled to myself. Thank you Universe for the wonderful reminder. I breathed a little easier, even smiled a little. I decided to add cinnamon to my coffee. Mmmm.

Warm cup in hand, feeling a little tired, but better than I had 5 minutes before, I went into my office. Computer password entered, the screen lit up and a PDF preview popped into view - I guess I had left it open from the day before. "Fasting and Feasting 2020: A Spiritual Practice for Lent" was opened to today's "fasting" and it read:
"Today, I fast from the fear of scarcity." 

Holy mother-$(*%&()&#. Talk about synchronicity. I mean, I know lent is all about learning to do without, letting go, releasing, surrendering, etc., but the contents of my "Fasting and Feasting" are not always aimed at this.

So...Once again, God, Universal Source Energy, whatever one calls it, had come through loud and clear to calm me and my anxiety.

I breathed ever more deeply, sipped my coffee, and sat back in my chair more relaxed.

I can't say that I won't feel anxious again. Nor can I state that my anxiety won't have a panic attack, but I do know that right now, in this moment I AM AMAZINGLY BLESSED and ALL IS WELL.

"Right now" is all I've got. I'm gonna take it and run with it.

May you find the peace you need to guide you through these turbulent times.
Warmly,
Chantel

No comments:

Post a Comment