Friday, August 21, 2015

#365daysofwisdom - Day 3

Wisdom from a mindful and inspired teenager:

"Write hand written letters to people you love." ~ M.O.

This is the second time in less than 3 weeks that I've encountered someone talking about the importance of this activity. The idea of writing and its benefits got me thinking about the physical act of handwriting and how Julia Cameron, author of the Artist's Way talks about the link between our hands and our hearts and the importance of putting pen to paper.

I came across an interesting article on writing (not all hand- writing), that supports the wisdom offered by my teenage friend: Geoffrey Ciotti's article "The Psychological Benefits of Writing".

Having just celebrated a beautiful birthday event, I think that in addition to sending an electronic thank you to everyone who participated, I will take the time to hand-write to each person. Maybe I will even purchase ink and quill!


No comments:

Post a Comment